The magistrate is the "government", the city council the "parliament" of the city Oberursel (Taunus).
As an administrative and "executive" body, the Magistrate deals with current administrative matters, prepares resolutions of the City Assembly and implements them. It is supported in this by the city administration with its business areas.
With the exception of the Mayor, all Magistrate members are elected by the City Assembly.
It currently consists of the full-time Mayor, the full-time First City Council, another full-time City Council and fifteen honorary City Councillors.
Full-time magistrate members are elected for 6 years; honorary members for the respective election period of the city council. Magistrate members cannot be city councillors at the same time and vice versa.
At the head of the magistrate is the mayor. The full-time magistrate members are responsible for their own business area, the "department", whereby each department is assigned corresponding business areas. An essential task of the directly elected mayor is to determine the distribution of departments.
As a collegial body, the magistrate makes decisions by a majority. In the event of a tie, the Chairman has the casting vote. The meetings are not open to the public.
The Magistrate participates in the meetings of the City Council. In the meetings of the committees it is usually represented by the responsible department heads. The mayor - as spokesman of the magistrate - or the responsible departments have the right to speak in these committees, but may not take part in the votes.
- Members of the Magistrate
- Bürgermeister Hans-Georg Brum (SPD)
- Erster Stadtrat Christof Fink (BÜNDNIS 90/DIE GRÜNEN)
- Stadtkämmerer Thorsten Schorr (CDU)
- Stadtrat Wilfried Abt (CDU)
- Stadtrat Paul Gerecht (CDU)
- Stadträtin Monika Banzer (CDU)
- Stadtrat Jörg Steden (CDU)
- Stadträtin Silke Welteke (SPD)
- Stadtrat Dr. Georg Eiselt (SPD)
- Stadtrat Harry Hecker (SPD)
- Stadtrat Winfried Schmidt (SPD)
- Stadträtin Renate Krämer (BÜNDNIS 90/DIE GRÜNEN)
- Stadtrat Daniel Köhler (BÜNDNIS 90/DIE GRÜNEN)
- Stadtrat Wolfgang Pristaff (OBG)
- Stadträtin Cäcilia Bind (OBG)
- Stadtrat Thomas Pietsch (AfD)
- Stadträtin Sabine Kinkel (FDP)
- Stadtrat Dietrich Andernacht (DIE LINKE)